- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin coconut oil, melted
- 3 medium-ripe bananas, mashed + 1 extra for garnish
- 3 tablespoons raw honey, we used our Cream honey with lemongrass
- 2 Tea Bags of CC Tea or 2 tsp CC Tea in leaves
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups almond meal
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free flour
- Optionally: 3/4 cup almonds / hazelnuts, finely chopped
1. In a small bowl, stir together the flaxseed meal with 2 tablespoons of water. Allow the mixture to sit for 2 min to thicken slightly.
2. Make a cup (100ml) of CC Tea. Pour hot water over Tea Bags or tea leaves and let it steep for 5 min. Then strain the tea.
3. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a loaf pan with coconut oil and set aside or use baking paper or silicone mold instead.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together the bananas, oil, honey, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and flaxseed meal-water mixture. Add the almond meal and flour. Slowly add in CC Tea until you get the right texture for the biscuit and stir until combined. Fold in the almonds and hazelnuts (optionally).
5. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
6. For garnish slice a banana in half lengthways and slightly press into the batter.
7. Place in the oven for 45min – 1h, or until the bread feels firm and the top has turned golden brown and is slightly cracked. If the bread starts to brown too quickly, cover with foil and continue baking. Check that it’s cooked by sticking a toothpick inside and see if it comes out clean.
8. When it’s done, let it rest in the tin for 10 min before removing. Then place it on a cooling rack for a further 10 min before slicing.