A simple soup, rich in antioxidants.
This is our version of carrot soup which can be eaten hot or cold. We love it because it is simple and delicious.
- 2 tablespoons ghee or olive oil
- 1 small diced onion
- 500g thinly sliced carrots
- 4 tsp lemongrass CC Tea in leaves/ 4 filter bags
- 2 tablespoons peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 1l chicken/ veg broth
- Sea salt
1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat the ghee or olive oil. Add the onion and stir occasionally, until translucent.
2. Add the carrots, ginger and stir to coat them with the ghee or oil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Add the broth and lemongrass and increase the heat to medium. Bring the soup to a simmer and cook until the carrots are tender, about 15 minutes.
4. Transfer the mixture to a blender and blend until smooth. Season with sea salt to taste and serve immediately.